NTL and their advance bill

obbit 21:46 17 Oct 05

Earlier in the month I received a letter from NTL informing me they had been charging me in arrears for BB internet. In the next bill they will charge me a month extra for broadband to bring me into line with other NTL customers therefore charging me in advance in the future.

"I am sorry for any inconvenience caused" Read the letter. Oh really? I bet they are.

I received my bill today...£75.53. Charming I always have spare cash knocking about. I stuff it under the sofa and under the bed.

Well I will pay the bill because I have NO CHOICE in the matter unless I go without. Customer satisfaction is not in the NTL vocabulary.

De Marcus™ 21:51 17 Oct 05

Perhaps if you explain to ntl that you don't have a lot of money to pay this bill with and propose they split the advanced charges over a few months they may comply

obbit 16:43 20 Oct 05

Thanks for the idea but I'll pay it now instead of dragging it out over 2 months.

ramsay29 21:21 20 Oct 05

Probably moving over to the Telewest system due to news of merge. Telewest have always taken the money in advance. I agree however that to suddenly thrust this on customers is bad practice.

Stuartli 23:33 20 Oct 05

Tiscali have just done a similar thing. It took dialup and broadband charges a month in arrears, but then notified subscribers that it was being pushed back two weeks this month and a further two weeks next month.

Still just in arrears but no doubt its cash flow is much improved...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…