NTL Speedup, but YouTube Slowdown

Pesala 23:10 16 Oct 06

Only since tonight, I noticed that NTL b/b is now running at 2 Mbytes. This seems to have been an automatic change for all users.

However, YouTube has slowed down so much as to become unusable. Popular videos e.g. click here now download at just 5 or 10K. However, if I view a less popular video like some Buddhist chanting it comes down at 60K without pausing at all.

Is there perhaps some setting I can change in Opera to fix this problem? Have others noticed this dramatic slowdown? Is it perhaps to do with a huge increase in users since Google bought YouTube?

GaT7 00:36 17 Oct 06

All OK here Pesala - I'm on NTL 2Mb too, & tried your link with Opera, initially on Avant with no problem with it either. Have you tried an Opera uninstall/reinstall, or even clearing its cache? G

Pesala 09:34 17 Oct 06

Transferring at about 30K without stuttering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…