NTL Increase in Speed But you'll pay.

obbit 15:29 08 Aug 05

I know it has been mentioned but NTL are to increase the speed of broadband to 10 meg.

It will be charged on usage. click here Back to the bad old days of dial up when you kept an eye on how long you were online.

I don't want it if it means I will pay more to be online all the time as I am now !!

MESH Support 15:39 08 Aug 05

The upgrade appears to apply to those already on a tariff with a 30gb cap per month. i.e. those who have already accepted that their monthly limit is capped.

So if you are paying for 3MB and all of a sudden you are raised to 10MB and also given a cap double what you had before I can't see why this isn't a good thing.

Apologies if I have missed the point on this one.

Mesh Support

pj123 16:06 08 Aug 05

I am on NTL 2mb with a 30gb per month cap at £24.99 per month. I have never used anywhere near that capacity so if I am upgraded to 10mb in the future with a 75gb cap it shouldn't make any difference to me, should it??

obbit 20:39 08 Aug 05

It depends on what they mean by "charged by usage". Will that be by the hour or what you use it for? It remains to be seen.

Dipso 21:40 08 Aug 05

click here

Being discussed click here

BRYNIT 22:46 08 Aug 05

Reading the NTL press release I would say as the prices will not change when everyone goes to 10MB they would cap the people who pay lower monthly rates as they do now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…