NTL email

PC Advisor. 11:41 18 Feb 04

Hi folks,

We're getting reports of problems with NTL's email service. Any NTL customers out there experiencing problems?

Best

Guy (Online Ed)

TBH1 11:54 18 Feb 04

was on there via webmail not 1 hour ago - - -and if anything, appeared quicker than normal. Problems with ntl webmail are somewhat localised, so maybe a region 'thingie' - - I live in W Mids.

Dr. Charles(retired now) 12:08 18 Feb 04

Hi Guy, I have had no probs so far today.

Have you looked on their website for their ADMITTED problems -- - - lol :)

Best,
Charles

Chris the Ancient 12:55 18 Feb 04

I'm on nthell broadbean and over the last couple of days, yes - there were problems.

Today, so far and touch wood, seems a bit better.

Chris

BrianW 13:03 18 Feb 04

according to their status reports there have been upgrades and routine maintenance going on for the past few days. Supposed to be finished by 07.00 in the morning but clearly there has been overrun. They claim "balancing" activities may cause intermittent difficulties in connection. My experience has been exactly that - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Brian

mole44 17:03 18 Feb 04

somats amis with there e-mail,they keep loosing some of mine in there system,i wish they would sort there mail out

Benito 17:31 18 Feb 04

I've never had any problems on Broadband-or at least, not so far

MESH Support 17:36 18 Feb 04

I've noted in the past that NTL seem to use different systems for webmail and smtp/pop where one system will be fine but there will be delays on the other.

I presume that you are referring to the smtp/pop in this case? I'll check tonight wading through the 6 pages of spam that the webmail tells me i have.

georgemac 17:47 18 Feb 04

ntl dial up - seemed to be having problems yesterday but have been OK today

my only gripe is I get spam which is not even addressed to me!

GuyR 18:08 18 Feb 04

ntl have posted that their e-mail set-up is being upgraded over the next few weeks and will result in loss of service between 23:00 and 07:00 on mondays for the next few weeks.

Recently have been suffering with broadband running really slow, have checked speed and is running at proper rate but web pages are taking ages to download. sometimes waiting 20-30 seconds when clicking on an item in pc advisor helproom/consumer forums. Never used to be like this, also getting lots of mmtask errors and win98 crashing.

Tim1964 18:15 18 Feb 04

Dear Customer

We are about to upgrade and improve our email system. This is a major project and will take several weeks to complete. When we have finished, we hope that you'll notice an improvement to the performance and reliability of email.

In order to let us carry out this important work, we will need to stop the email service for short periods of time. We will do this as few times as possible and only during times of lowest use.

Over the next 4 weeks, the email service will not be available on Monday night from 11pm until 7am on Tuesday morning. This will start on Monday 16th February.

During these times, you will be unable to send or receive email from your '[email protected]' account. All incoming email received during this period will be delivered to your mailbox after 7am on Tuesday morning. All outgoing email created during this period will be sent when you next log-on to your ntlworld email service after 7am.

To keep you up to date on the progress of these improvements to the mail service please visit click here.

In the meantime, we're sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to supplying you with
an improved service once this work is completed.

Yours sincerely,

The ntl Home Internet Team

© ntl Group Ltd 2004 | Privacy policy | Terms of use

--

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…