NTL Customer Services - How long to reply?

Pesala 11:10 26 Sep 04

Tomorrow it will be four weeks since I wrote to NTL customer services asking for compensation for loss of connection and inconvenience. I haven't yet received even an acknowledgement of my letter. In my view, two weeks should be sufficient to say "We have passed your letter on to the appropriate department. You should receive a reply in x number of weeks."

mole44 12:15 26 Sep 04

don`t leave it,phone them up on monday be polite (loose your temper loose the argument)ask whats happening.

spuds 12:46 26 Sep 04

Would also suggest that you refer to The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. This may sway a more rapid response.

Pesala 08:40 27 Sep 04

My complaint is that every time they make a mistake, I have to foot the bill on my mobile to put it right, so I'm not going to spend another £10 to chase £36. I'm OK with writing letters as it only costs 30p, or complaining on forums, which is free, and does sometimes elicit a response from companies.

I'm curious what people reckon is a reasonable time to respond to a business letter.

terryr48 11:28 27 Sep 04

I always find out the name and address of the m.d of the company. I have found this nearly always results in a quick reply.Mark it Private & confidential.
(Letter sent to m.d of British Gas -reply received within 2 days)

spuds 17:02 27 Sep 04

If you intend sending a letter to a particular person within a company, and you address the letter to that person, then it will come under the Data Protection Act and all the legal side to that. Sending a letter to a company or company secretary or director [with no specific surname]will remove the implications of the DPA.

Sparrowhawk 10:30 28 Sep 04

Read NTL 'sorry' over abusive message (BBC)

click here

jonsmiff 16:13 28 Sep 04

I have written to NTL Customer Care regarding a pre-digital era overpayment problem, somewhere in Coventry I think, I can't remember the exact address.

This office isn't the same as Customer Services and you can't contact them by 'phone.
I've been told the normal response time is 30 days. I'm still waiting, although my 30 day frustration time isn't up yet.

oresome 20:00 28 Sep 04

I think the short answer to the original question is "too long".

Makes you smile when you read the mission statements and other utterances from some companies.

More aspirational than fact.

Pesala 16:24 19 Dec 04

(~_~) Just checking my green ticks. This one remains unresolved.

wiz-king 21:37 19 Dec 04

When I had a hard drive crash in early October I asked them what I needed to do to restore my broadband connection. I got an automated response message next day saying it was being passed to my local advisors then nothing more. I am still waiting for a reply!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…