NTL Broadband users - got their Netguard?

freaky 18:30 04 Jan 06

As NTL users are aware, they are now offering Netgear. This is a free anti-virus and pop-up program availabe only to users of NTL. It automaticaly upgrades every three hours.

In a few months they will be adding a Firewall and Anti-Spam at a small monthly charge.

Would be interested to hear from anybody who has installed it.

jaritch 19:34 04 Jan 06

If it is anything like Telewest's PcGuard it wont be worth installing.

freaky 09:26 06 Jan 06

Have now installed Netguard - very unobtrusive program, neat and tidy. Gives you a number of options to use.

DerekR 22:12 07 Jan 06

Had netguard on for one day - took it off again. Better sticking with the general freebies such as adaware, avast etc..

freaky 11:06 08 Jan 06

Well Netguard seemed OK until - playing " The Battle for Middle Earth" I noticed that if I saved a game, then it took ages to save.

I then disabled Netguard, and the time taken to save a game returned to normal ! I can only assume that Netguard was slowing it down because it was running a virus check on the contents of the save.

I will contact NTL tomorrow, and if they cannot provide a solution, then will replace Netguard with either avast or avg.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…