NTL Broadband upgrade?

ray27 09:33 27 May 04

I read with some interest that NTL was upgrading their 158K Broadband to 300K at no extra charge.

Has anyone had this upgrade or seen evidence of this?

With Wannado offering 512K for the same price with free modem and installation, NTL 's 158K seems expensive .

Sir Radfordin 11:40 27 May 04

Telewest announced changes to their speeds recently - giving a 50% upgrade on most options. This was quickly followed by a similar announcment from NTL, though I think they are taking slightly longer to implement it.

The Wannado offering does look like a good price, though remember that it is an ADSL option and not a cable option so you will have to have BT phone line.

spuds 12:03 27 May 04

Telewest and NTL are cable, whereas Wannadoo is usually via a BT line. Changing from the 150k ADSL service to the 500+ Broadband service would result in change of home equipment. This is a thing that perhaps requires further information from the ISP's. More bandwidth at a cheaper price, would suit me fine.

I have the 150K NTL Broadband and am also waiting to hear from them regarding the upgrade.

hugh-265156 17:01 27 May 04

athough i have read many articles about the free upgrades there is nothing on the ntl site re this??

Sir Radfordin 18:21 27 May 04

The Register carried this story: click here

Pesala 19:38 02 Jun 04

I thought this was happening in June?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…