NTL Broadband failed again.

pj123 13:19 02 Aug 03

Well here I am back on AOL dialup as NTL broadband has gone down again. In the last 3 weeks I have had an NTL engineer out 5 times, Changed the modem twice and reset it once. Lasted 4 days this time gone down again. Good job I am keeping my dialup as backup.

Djohn 15:07 02 Aug 03

Hi Pete, AOL do Broadband as well! [I think!] ;o)

pj123 15:11 02 Aug 03

John, yes you are right, but quite a lot more money for less speed. The only problem I have with AOL is you have to have a BT phone line and I am on NTL cable. They can't offer me Broadband.

Djohn 15:50 02 Aug 03

Yes, sorry Pete, I forgot about the phone-line, + of course the 600k of NTL. :o(

pj123 15:53 02 Aug 03

OK, everyone. NTL been fixed it (again). See how long it lasts this time.

Mysticnas 17:26 02 Aug 03

why you're having probs with ntl, been with them well, since they launched broadband and not really had any probs, apart from the occasional glitch.

obbit 17:34 02 Aug 03

my ntl broadband 600k is brill it has been since correction after install. the bloke who installed it didn't do it right i was getting 15+db signal. it is ok now about 0db which it should be give or take a bit either side. he also put an old anologue attenuator on the back of the modem. some of these ntl blokes need retraining.

Mat2 19:31 02 Aug 03

Hi Pj123

As you say in your thread that you have changed back to AOL dial up From NTL broadband, Aol now does Broadband for NTL Phones aswell as BT. If you type the Keyword broadband this will give you all the information about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…