ntl broadband

conrail 19:29 16 Aug 03

to everybody who has problems with ntl broadband can I just say once up and running which is straightforward, go to add/remove programmes and get rid of Correct Connect, it will keep telling you that you have a problem when there isn't one, you will spend ages trying to get a connection which is already there. just uninstall this program and you will have no more problems, it isn't needed for connection at all

Chris the Ancient 20:28 16 Aug 03

Agreed.

I had the same problems...

...and the same solution.

Chris

mtall 21:48 16 Aug 03

XP keep shuting down after a few minutes. I have scanned the system for viruses all seems ok. Can any one help
Thakx

Muntu

I had the shutdown problem too.

What you need to do is to enable XP's firewall. The problem is connected with the new virus that it doing the rounds.

Falkyrn 10:08 17 Aug 03

If you have been hit by this new worm check

1. Windows/system32 for a file msblast

or

2 TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Program)

Both also generate a line in the registry

There is a patch available from microsoft which closes the ports which this worm requires to selfgenerate and protects the system.

Make sure your anti virus program is right up to date as this worm only hit the wild on 11th August.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…