NTL AND BAD SERVICE

androski 17:28 09 Sep 03

I WANT TO GO ON BROADBAND, SO IHAVE LOOKED AROUND AT THE DIFFERENT COMPANYS SUPLYING IT. NTL SEAMED TO COME OUT BEST,BUT AFTER PHONEING THEM 3 TIMES NOW ASKING FOR AN INFO PACK I STILL HAVN`T GOT ONE. AM I LOOKING AT A COMPANY THAT HAS BAD SERVICE AND A LACK OF GOOD CUSTOMER RESPECT. EVERY TIME I PHONED THEY WANTED ME TO SIGN UP BUT THEY CAN`T EVEN SEND ME ANY INFO. WHAT IS THERE AFTERSALES LIKE I HOPE ITS BETTER THAN WHAT IVE SEEN . CAN ANY ONE COMENT OR ADVISE .

spamme 17:53 09 Sep 03

There 150kb broadband i have just has installed a few days back was 1st full of probs, installing tests ur 'will to live', believe me! BUT... fear not, once up and running, took me three days...... it's a FAB service..... most of my 'mates' have NTL and all had the same installation probs at 1st... but after that 'they' all say... 100% service.... For now it's working top-notch for me..... Go For It.

Andybear 18:33 09 Sep 03

I switched to NTL's 600kb broadband in June and had no problems. I checked out their web site first, worked out what I wanted and then rang them up. A week later an engineer came round and did the installation. Within an hour of him leaving I was up and surfing. It probably helped that I already had NTL's TV and telephone service so there was no laying of cables etc.

Mysticnas 19:00 09 Sep 03

the best.... but they still have their faults.

BT are meant to be the worst. I read this somewhere in a survey carried out by some authoritive body.

I've been with NTL for about 4yrs i think, and i've had their dial up service as well as their broadband which i've had for about 2yrs now and on 600K. I've had a few probs with customer service but apart from that it's been fine.

On the other hand, my brother has had numerous difficulties with NTL, double billing, lack of customer service as well as a lack of net and TV service.

I think it all just depends on your individual situation...

Just choose the package you want and take the plunge. Oh and regarding info pack, go to click here they have all the info on their website, and some special offers if you sign up over the net too.

canard 20:58 09 Sep 03

NTL put me on BB last Oct and then replaced 2 modems promptly. Today I phoned about modem with ethernet socket not working [all that unplugging to defrag perhaps] and the engineer will be here tomorrow between 12 and 4. What more can you ask?

accord 21:24 09 Sep 03

been on NTL BB 600k for nearly a year and no probs apart from the email server problems a few months back. its quick alot easier (in my mind) to use than BT BB. Dread the day when i move house which could be in a non NTL area and i am forced to use BT.

Every large company has Customer Services issues, whether they are BT. NTL. Telewest, joe bloggs and uncle tom cobbly an all.

obbit 21:27 09 Sep 03

NTL are very good. i have 600k B/B and it is always on. no problems at all really. go for it and have it installed, you won't regret it.

SEASHANTY 21:31 09 Sep 03

Wonderful service from NTL 600k BB in the ten months I have been using it. No problems whatsoever. Please don't remind me of the bad old AOL dial up days.
click here

Giantsquid 22:03 09 Sep 03

I have had NTL for 2 years now 600K/BB and it's been great, would not touch BT with a bargepole as they have had the monopoly for so long and I belive in competition to allow choice and improved service to the customer.
You will always get a debate about customer service in any walk of life whether you are with the 'big boys' or the corner shop.
Take your time, look around, get feedback, you are likely to find as a matter of elimination what you should go for as in all things it's what you can afford (money does not always mean best) and what suits you at the end of the day, do your homework and I'm sure you will find what's best for you, I advocate NTL but that is only my opinion, good luck,

androski 22:19 09 Sep 03

I MAY NOW GIVE THEM A CHANCE , AS FOR YOUR VEIWS AND THAT IT WILL SAVE ME GOING UP ON THE ROOF AND REPLACING MY AERIAL TO WATCH TV . BY THE WAY HAS ANY ONE OF YOU PLUGED A PS2 INTO IT AND WHATS IT LIKE.

Milly90 22:22 09 Sep 03

NTL BB is the only one for me I have had the 600k service for over 2 years and apart from a glitch regarding a loss service after 12 hour that turned out to be my Firewall (dont run without one, just as important as antivirus) for which NTL were OK about.
I would not go back to BT on principle as I can remember back when they were bragging about making so much profit back in the Eighties when Yuppies were around instead of laying the Fibre Optic cables to give them the network they now need, instead of the short range (5.5 - 6 Km of the exchange)service they currently offer.

A quick message for CANARD, you do not have to pull your cable out of your Modem to Defrag, just go to Control Panel / Network Connections and Disable Connection and it will stop traffic interferring your defrag, better still run it in Safe Mode (for Windows 98, XP can cope)dont forget turn it back on / Enable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…