NTL 1.5mb service for the price of 750kbps service

tonyuk72 12:25 25 Nov 04

It's been a while since I've posted so I thought what better way than to share my recent savings tactic. It's a little complicated and you will have needed to join NTL on thier 750kbps service after leaving a BT based (ADSL) service.

NTL advertise that thier 750kbps service is better, faster & cheaper than the 512kbps BT based ADSL. You will find this stated on thier website, TV & Paper adverts as well as mailshots. The fact of the matter is that ADSL has a download speed upto 512kbps and an upload speed of upto 256kbps, where as the comparible NTL 750kbps service only has an upload speed of 128kbps, this is 50% less than ADSL.

I contacted them and told them I wished to terminate my new contract (3 months old) as I had been advised as explained above & by a sales manager that the 750kbps service was better, faster & cheaper which had obviously been misleading. I was almost instantly offered an upload speed of 256kbps FOC, the side effect of this was that I had to be moved onto the 1.5mb service......

Enjoy you savings & increased speeds if you are entitled to use this information.

tonyuk72 14:46 27 Nov 04

Bump in order to tick as resolved as it's for information only.

jonnie-187464 23:43 27 Nov 04

Phoning them but to no avail as i was passed to millions of people within NTL, i just kept going round and round for hours.
In the end i just put the phone down.
Given up, i will stay on the 750kbps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…