Novatech - star again!

Chris the Ancient 11:48 24 Oct 07

Yes, I know that there have been numerous complimentary threads here about novatech.

I use them a lot - not necessarily the cheapest, but, in my opinion, the best.

I bought a powered 4-port usb hub from them in late July. This week, it failed. So, I phoned novatech, spoke to very nice chap and explained that it was dead (luckily, I had the original paperwork). I told him that it didn't work and that the power light didn't even come on. Said I'd tried another power brick - and still no joy.

Straight away, he said that the item was, of course, still under warranty and that it would be a waste of time - and my money - posting it back to them. But not to worry, they would just pop another in the post today and that it should be with me tomorrow.

And, with their previous service, I have absolutely no reason to doubt the accuracy of that promise.

Now is that service? I think an emphatic 'Yes'.

techie4me 14:02 24 Oct 07

Time & time again Novatech show why they are such a great company to deal with.
May be others should follow Novatechs lead!

lisa02 17:17 24 Oct 07

Any company that adds excessive surcharges to NI is a no no.

Can it really cost them an extra £12 to deliver here? None of the big boys inc Royal Mail charge extra, so why should they get it?

Chris the Ancient 17:22 25 Oct 07

As promised, the hub arrived first thing this morning (slightly different model; but it does exactly the same job) and actually looks a better, more rugged model.

Plugged in and all systems go again.

I sympathise with Lisa02, and I have had the same thing happen, but the other way round. I bought something (not pc related) from NI and it cost me a fortune in p&p and was the wrong item. I was forced, reluctantly, to post it back - an equal fortune! And both directions was with Royal Mail. But, I can't explain that.

Anyway, I'm happy with the service received from novatech - again - and will tick the thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…