Novatech service

Mike_R 17:30 30 Jan 07

I had decided to spend around £500 on a laptop for my grandchildren and looked at the Acer 5633 which seemed to have a good spec at a competitive price, and a good write-up on the hardware in the PC press However, I was put off by Acer's bad reputation on service - it even got a dishonorable mention in the Guardian. The Novatech Orion T5500 looks good (my price range has crept up) but I was wondering what they are like for out of warranty repairs. Acer do 3 year warranty, but whether it is worth the paper it is printed on is another matter.
Also, are there any other manufacturers that can match Novatech for price and performance? I like the idea of the spill-proof Toshiba but it looks a bit pricey.

Strawballs 22:28 30 Jan 07
  The Brigadier 08:22 31 Jan 07

Acers record on repairs is not good!

The Brigadier 08:24 31 Jan 07

Ooopps missed the last bit of your post.
I have just bought a Toshiba Satellite Pro A120, best laptop i have ever owned, need i say more;)

Mike_R 11:45 31 Jan 07

Thanks. I had another look at the Toshiba but am wondering whether it is more suitable to business use than the sort of thing that teenagers are going to want to do. Looks useful on a boat though. I might get one for myself later on and hook it up to a GPS.

Jimmy14 12:11 31 Jan 07

Maybe Acers warranty support isn't good. My acer laptop has been very reliable. It is past its 1st year manufacturing warranty and I now have another warranty with Comet, it states in the terms and conditions of this warranty that if anything goes wrong and is not fixable I get a new laptop straightaway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5