Novatech - Online Vendor Of The Year

Well done to Novatech!

click here

Diodorus Siculus 15:44 20 Nov 04

They certainly got my vote for their aftersales service.

Diemmess 17:05 20 Nov 04

And mine too.... They do not try to carry everything, but can usually deliver whatever they advertise.

lixdexik 17:37 20 Nov 04

from Novatech earlier this year,
It very soon became clear there was an intermittent problem with the screen, as it would occasionally fail to illuminate at the boot up.. Everything else booted fine, you just could not see anything on the screen.I sent it back to Novatech at my expense for repair. When it came back the fault was still there. I phoned them up and explained the situation. Before I had a chance to moan about the expence of the postage,they apologised for the inconvenience and as they had failed to fix the fault they would, as a courtesy, organise a courier to uplift the computer from me. The machine is now back and running well.
Intermittent faults are always a problem to deal with, so I was disappointed but not entirely surprised that the fault still existed. Despit the hic up I felt that Novatech’s after sales service was very good, I’m happy to do business with them again.

They would have my vote.

Cheers Lixdexik.

Diodorus Siculus 19:15 20 Nov 04

lixdexik - that was the problem I had with one - often the display would not come on when it booted into windows.

I talked to their tech support and it seemed that I had done everything he could think of (and lots more) so I said that I would like a refund. He arranged for it to be picked up the next day and three days later they phoned me to say that they had examined it and were offering an immediate refund. The next day I bought a new one from them simply because of this excellent service.

Vague Boy 16:59 21 Nov 04

Very well deserved award.

dobbin 11:38 13 Dec 04

I bought a novatech laptop two years ago which has worked fine.
However on two occasions the charger/ac adaptor has failed. I had to wait several weeks to get a replacement and they were unhelpful when asked for advice about obtaining a compatible/universal charger.

This replacement charger has has now failed and Novatech have no replacements available and tell me that because the supplier [movita in Taiwan] has gone bust they are not getting any more.

I pointed out to them that perhaps they had a certain obligation to advise on alternatives as I now have a 2 year old laptop which I am unable to use. However their attitude seems to be tough titty and with Christmas coming up are only interested in selling new machines

stylehurst 14:34 13 Dec 04

I have used Novatech for nearly 10 years & have always found their service to be excellent.
Winning this award was well deserved.

Totally-braindead 18:46 13 Dec 04

Sorry that dobbin has had a problem, I too have had excellent service from them, if fact they are the only supplier I have never had a problem with, all parts arrived quickly and were always the right part I had ordered, never had a fault with any of them either. The others Dabs, Watford, Overclockers and Scan have all at one time or another sent either the wrong item or a faulty item, although credit where credits due they've all sorted it out reasonably quickly. Mistakes do happen after all. But all praise to Novatech they certainly get my vote.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…