Novatech email response

Tog 08:34 14 Oct 03

In all other respects I think Novatech provide great service but their email response absolutely sucks. I sent emails from my home PC and from my work PC chasing up a forecast guesstimate for an out of stock item and got no response at all until I commented in a faxed letter I sent, cancelling an order. Their reply to that was to leave a message on my answerphone, no apology, just a statement that they hadn't received any emails from me?! Either they have technical problems or their staff have found the delete key...

Email is fairly important for me as it means I don't have to wait in a phone queue and I can get on with other things while waiting for a reply. The facility to click on an icon get an order update seems great but it just doesn't seem to be working.

So a question for all you Novatech users, was I just unlucky?

ricvic 10:17 14 Oct 03

Your experience is the same as mine.
Yet in every other way Novatech is so good.

Big Elf 10:48 14 Oct 03

Same here, excellent service if you contact them by phone but they never reply to emails unless you send them to Sales to ask about purchasing a product.

tag1_uk 11:22 14 Oct 03

I had to wait more than two weeks for an out of stock item. I got one reply (with an un-kept promised delivery date) from three emails I sent chasing this up. You'd think an IT firm especially would be able to deal with email communications.

Diemmess 12:19 14 Oct 03

Novatech's tech support phone line is very good indeed, and only local rate too. ...... Its only downside is the up to 20 minute wait which Tog mentions.

What is it with many larger companies and their unsupported email? ........ Perhaps, answering my own question, it would be very expensive to support every topic of email.

It is not just Novatech,but many other high tech companies I have sent e-mails to have failed to respond.It doesn't inspire much confidence if a company involved in computers and peripherals is unable to use the most up to date medium for communication.On the rare occasions I have had a reply,the standard of English,grammar and spelling have been very poor.Rightly or wrongly, I hold the view that if company cannot put together a reasonably literate response to a query, this reflects on their product.
My best reply to an e-mail came from the Freezer company Iceland. One Sunday morning my wife informed me that we were getting low on frozen stuff.I e-mailed Iceland at 10 p.m enquiring about Sunday opening hours, and got a response thirty minutes later.
Diemmess - even if it is expensive for a company to respond to all its e-mails (which I doubt), if a company uses e-mail, it should make sure it is equipped to reply to it all. After all, before computers, a company that didn't reply to every letter it received did not last very long.

accord 20:44 14 Oct 03

pcnextday have been alright with replying to emails

click here

SheffieldSpy 22:21 14 Oct 03
  Tog 07:34 15 Oct 03

It's a shame that the technology is being ignored. Is it because the companies that use the internet saw it as a cheap option for running a business but never saw the consequences of a medium that gives the customer the expectation of an easy and hassle free means of communication?

Whatever, it seems from the posts so far that Novatech aren't the only company guilty of ignoring emails.

SheffieldSpy 09:35 15 Oct 03

It may not be that they are ignoring them. There may be a huge queue of emails that is taking time to process. Also, it seems to me that people take less care over the emails that they write and so confuses the reader or make them unable to reply appropriately.

Tog 10:28 15 Oct 03

Novatech use an email form, if you fill in the fields it's hard to confuse anyone. If there is a huge cue of emails, doesn't that just mean they are not employing or distributing their manpower effectively and so failing to provide the service they advertise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…