Novatech Bundle - Is it any good

dean_e_boy 13:14 02 Feb 04

I am looking to update my motherboard and processor and wondered whether the NovTech bundle is any good? Is it worth buying??

click here

961 13:48 02 Feb 04

I find the company good and reliable and I believe their motherboard bundles are good value.

I don't, however, know about the video card and someone else may be able to help on that

The processor is good value and performs well. I think that buying pre assembled is a good idea as the lot is tested and you don't risk putiing a screwdriver through the board when assembling the heatsink onto the processor

georgemac 15:02 02 Feb 04

would have liked a bit more info about the motherboard, ie manufacturer and model, for upgradeability, but at that speed it will last long enough.

The graphics card is direct x 9 compatible and is considered a budget, but very up to date card. I fitted one to a friends PC and the game their son played looked OK to me, although serious gamers would probably want something better.

leo49 19:12 02 Feb 04

I helped install this bundle without the graphics card into a friends PC - I'm pretty sure the mobo is an Elite[can't remember the model no]

click here

It's a basic board but he seems happy with it.

R4 20:52 02 Feb 04

The Novatech Motherboard Bundle - AMD XP 2000 (1.67GHz), Heatsink and Fan, 256MB RAM, is a good buy and makes 'building your own' easier as it is pre tested & guanteed to work. A good price and has sound and grahics on board wich can be disabled if you want something meatier.

Chris the Ancient 08:58 03 Feb 04

Can't say I know the bundle, but I do know the company.

I've never had any problems with them and I've seen a heck of a lot more positive feedback that negative in this forum.

Chris

dean_e_boy 09:38 03 Feb 04

Many thanks for all your help, I think I will buy the bundle and let you know how it went

Diemmess 17:58 03 Feb 04

Have never so far been let down by Novatech.
Have regularly bought items from them and only a very few were defective.

They have always replaced promptly, even in the case of a wrong spec from me, they refunded the total amount on the grounds that it was bought "unseen". Now that is service!

Their stock is a mite limited, but they have a good tech support by phone (local rate) and at least the possibility of talking to a human with a postal address.

961 19:22 03 Feb 04

Isn't it nice to see a thread about a company with positive comments from its customers!

sdf 19:44 03 Feb 04

novatech have never steared me wrong - i have one of their bundles and it works like a dream

Dumble452 11:02 17 Feb 04

Likewise. I have always had good service from them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…