Novatech - any good?

joesoaps 21:41 01 Feb 06

I have decided it's time to upgrade my pc with a new graphics card,probably a Geforce 6800gt, which will also require a more powerful psu.

Having done quite a lot of searching I have found what I think would be the best deal at Novatech, click here, problem is I had never heard of them up until today so my query is - has anybody had any dealings with this company recently and can they be considered as reliable.I ask this question because I had a bad experience with a now defunct outfit and I lost what was to me a considerable amount of money,a situation which I can not afford to have happen again.

Thanks in advance.

De Marcus™ 21:54 01 Feb 06

You'll find they come highly recommended on this forum, from myself and others.

Totally-braindead 22:07 01 Feb 06

They are the best online company for computer parts I know.

Totally-braindead 22:08 01 Feb 06

PS Always pay by credit card that way you can get the money back from your credit card company.

Starfox 22:39 01 Feb 06

On the recommendation of a PCA forum member (Stylehurst I think) I ordered some Items on Friday Last week at 4-30pm,a psu,graphics card and some usb cables,on standard delivery.

Items arrived at 10-00am yesterday (Tuesday)and were all as ordered and are now fitted and working so in answer to your question then yes I have to say they are reliable and can be recommended.

Hope this helps.

phoenix198 10:00 02 Feb 06

I've made about ten on-line purchases from Novatech over a period of four years or so. That fact alone speaks volumes as they have consistently provided a solid, reliable service with accurate item descriptions, good quality components and speedy delivery.

I haven't purchased one of their pre-built or pre-configured systems but I find their motherboard/CPU/RAM upgrade kits to be excellent value. Their graphics cards are also competively priced.

I had to RMA an item once, and it was quickly and efficiently dealt with, with a two day turn-round. I've not had to return an item for refund so I cannot comment on their attitude or speed in that respect.

Tech support is more than adequate even to the extent of one of their sales personnel calling me back when he couldn't answer a question I had about the compatibilty of a component once he had researched the query with their tech support people. And it was a 'good' answer.

spuds 10:40 02 Feb 06

I have purchased a number of items from Novatech, and they have always produced the goods at the price and delivery times expected.Would recommend this company without question,the same applies to Ebuyer.

smurfling 11:28 02 Feb 06

I live local to this company and have used them for years, I would recommend them to anyone, very helpful and reliable.

rmcqua 11:55 02 Feb 06

I have used Novatech for about 7 years for everything from small components to complete systems. They are quick, reliable, competitively priced and very quality-conscious. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

pc_sausage 13:43 02 Feb 06

What Novatech's website doesn't seem to offer is the ability to configure the PC, unlike Mesh, Evesham & Vantage.

Is there a way to do this that I've missed?

The Spires 13:50 02 Feb 06

I once had to return some memory to Novatec & I expected a long drawn out event getting a refund, however I got the refund within a week. I also had a snail mail invoice informing me of the refund. A good reason for me using them again I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac