Not too happy with Choice.

shizzy 21:35 14 Jan 11

Ordered inks last Sunday. No mention on the site of being out of stock however on Monday the order confirmed email said they were on back order but were expecting a delivery that day. We would receive an email when despatched. This morning our credit card statement came and although we had heard no more from Choice the payment had been taken when I placed the order. I rang them this afternoon and the young lady said the order and an email had been sent. It came two hours after my phone call strangely enough. The despatch date was today. I told her we were not happy with the money being taken when the inks were not in stock. She did say that the site is going to reflect the stock levels in the future. We shall see.

rdave13 22:33 14 Jan 11

If you mean Choice Stationary; click here
Won't touch them with a barge pole. They used to be a good company. Don't know what happened to them as they were always recommended on this site.
Hey-Ho.

beeuuem 23:11 14 Jan 11

I too have given up on Choice.
They used to promise same day despatch. On my last order with them three items were shown as in stock, payment taken but, according to their own records, not despatched for four working days.
The only response received from Choice was 'if you order after 12 noon the order is shipped the next "working" day. This does not include Saturday and Sunday.'. No explanation as to why their own records showed this to be untrue.

Choice state on their site
'We now guarantee that, subject to stock availability and technology allowing, if we receive your order by noon Monday - Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) we will dispatch it that same working day - or your money back.

The item must be in stock and readily available, your order paid and accepted in full and printed in our warehouse by 12 noon in order to qualify.

We are so confident in our guarantee that if we fail to deliver as promised you can have the order for free, with our compliments.'

Has anyone ever tested this guarantee?

rickf 13:55 16 Jan 11

Agree that they were better b4 they started selling all manner of things. Having said that they replaced a missing cartridge from a pack of 12 w/in a week which I ordered recently and the email response to my query was w/in 24 hrs.

finerty 16:27 16 Jan 11

Choice are very good and handing out shoddy goods and when it comes to their ink carts they run out too quickly and are never filled up properly leak and can damage your printer.

finerty 16:31 16 Jan 11

and there use to be this plonker who would tell everyone abut the choice deal during the weekend knowing very well he was promoting the products.

I always wondered if actually worked for choice, can remember his name on the forums and i haven't heard anything since somebody did complain about him.

spuds 18:38 16 Jan 11

I gave up with Choice ages ago, when orders that were promised were not delivered. Being told at the time that you could you contact the MD direct, also proved to be a non-event at times, when a complaint was concerned.

Pine Man 19:39 16 Jan 11

...first class service and excellent products from Choice for many years up to the present date and, NO, I have no connection whatsoever with Choice apart from being a satisfied customer.

Taff™ 07:06 19 Jan 11

I too used to be a big fan of Choice and recommended them to my friends and customers alike. When they moved to Jersey they had a few teething problems which eventually got sorted but deliveries started to take over 5 working days.

Prices are no longer competitive in my opinion and I can buy inks for most printers cheaper and from UK based suppliers that are delivered in 2-3 days. These compatibles are also well known brands in their own right. Quality isn`t an issue either.

shizzy 20:36 25 Jan 11

The inks were delivered early last week but it still seems wrong that firms take payment at the time you go to the checkout when the goods are out of stock and on back order. This was not the first time this has happened.

Taff™ 06:40 26 Jan 11

Totally agree. In this day and age it`s not best practice and I`m not sure what their policy is regarding the timing of payment. Mind you, in the good old days of cheques you`d wait for 3 days whilst it cleared before the order was despatched of course!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…