Not sure what laptop to get (17")

Col.D 18:44 21 Nov 06

Well its not me thats getting the laptop but my sister, she wants a laptop although has never used a computer before. What she wants is:

a 17" screen
Fair at downloading
Quality sound and clear enough screen
Intel Duo Centrino (She insists I put that down)
A decent memory size

itll be mainly used for downloading and playing movies, music and some office work.(No extras for games at all)

season8 18:59 21 Nov 06

I suggest the following then:
click here
click here
click here

RockDirect make good solid laptops that seem to last for ever, they are well built, seldom go wrong and offer 1st class customer service & support.

Dell have been around for years and provide a good all round service, some laptops seem at times to be under spec, but give them a ring to get a better deal or see their adverts in the daily/sunday papers.

Novatech are an unsung IT company who provide good builds and the best customer service i have seen for a while. Solid laptops that are well built.

Col.D 19:14 21 Nov 06

Oops i forgot to mention, her price range would be £800 pushing it, lowest would be £500.

season8 20:36 21 Nov 06

OK, well rock start @ £670 and Dell from £400 including VAT & Shipping, so if your after a lower price range i suggest Novatech.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…