Not strictly PC but you'll like this

TOPCAT® 12:59 22 Jan 03
  TOPCAT® 12:59 22 Jan 03

Oftel orders cut in mobile phone charges.

The UK's four mobile phone operators have been ordered to slash their charges for making calls to their mobile networks because they're overcharging punters by a whopping 40 per cent, the telecoms regulator confirmed today.

click here

oresome 13:27 22 Jan 03

Vodaphone's spokesman this morning said the effect would be revenue neutral.
Reductions for landline access will be made up by increases elsewhere. So it depends on your useage as to whether you actually see any benefit.
(Even so they are fighting the cuts by a legal challenge, so it might be hurting them more than they like to admit)

Stuartli 13:30 22 Jan 03

But what about the staggering investment by each company in communcations equipment etc and the cost of buying the licences?

Without reasonable profits such investment cannot be maintained or upgraded.

There's only one business in this country that can charge what it wants, provide a range of services each with an individual rating of "appalling" to "good" and bump up its prices to customers whenever it feels like it without challenge.

It's known as New Labour.

MalcSP 13:48 22 Jan 03

Can we keep political comment out of this please. If not you'll open up a can of worms. Never discuss politics or religion should be the guide

mcullum_DX4Life 13:51 22 Jan 03

How many times have they "been told" to lower their prices and how many times have you actually seen them lower them? Its never gunna happen!

€dstow 14:07 22 Jan 03

That applies in everything!;>)

€d

TOPCAT® 16:39 22 Jan 03

PCA's 'Latest News' - box at page right - has more.

tbh72 03:05 24 Jan 03

It absolutely angers me this story!!!!

Have you people not noticed the excessive increases in your line rental. I currently have 200 anytime minutes, had it for about 1.5 years and am paying £12.75.

I decided it was time for a new phone and took alook at the current tarrifs, it now cost £20 for 150 anytime minutes & they chuck in 50 free text messages.

Let's just work this out....

12.75 / 200 = 0.064 pence per minute

20.00 / 150 = 0.133 pence per minute

How have they managed to get away with that!!!!

the Rascal 04:12 24 Jan 03

The cost of sendin a tex message which must have about a 2 second "air time" has allways been a rip-off,should be about half of what there chargeing now (i think anyway)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…