Not so much a question - more to inform re Skype

Nontek 19:33 PM 14 Dec 12

Just wanted to point out for those using Skype, that after the latest update, it is now possible to EDIT texts in a chat, even after 'posting'.

Simply right-click on posted message to see several choices including EDIT Message - this includes being able to add/remove 'smileys' ...

rickf 20:16 PM 14 Dec 12

Thanks for the info

Nontek 20:27 PM 14 Dec 12

You're welcome - I found it by chance!

Nontek 13:19 PM 15 Dec 12

Fine, so how, as a matter of interest, did you know/find out about it? I ask because there is nothing mentioned about editing, in the Skype on-line Site.

As I said, I only found out by chance after my latest Skype update - been using Skype for years.

Nontek 18:57 PM 15 Dec 12

Can you please answer my question, I am keen to learn.

Nontek 09:02 AM 16 Dec 12

Or is it perhaps just your midget brain trying to look clever??

iscanut2 09:40 AM 16 Dec 12

Does it matter how he found out ? You say you are keen to learn, well, you have learnt by finding out for yourself. The best way not to get any more help is to become abusive to fellow posters !

Nontek 09:54 AM 16 Dec 12

Yes, IMHO it does matter - I asked a straightforward polite question which has not yet been answered. I prefer not to leave learning as a thing of chance, I would like the facts, rather than just a silly statement like its been there for ages and ages ...

Nontek 10:16 AM 16 Dec 12

If Midgetninja can come back with proper details of where/how to find the information re Editing in Skype, I would have great pleasure in offering my congratulations and a very sincere apology for my doubts.

I opened this thread to pass on what was to me, new knowledge, it has been acknowledged by at least one other forum member, so perhaps there are others also to whom this bit of info was news and who would be greatful for fuller facts as to how/when/where to find the info, other than by chance.

Nontek 12:33 PM 16 Dec 12

Thankyou, point noted, and sincere (I do mean it) apologies to you - I should have checked on Google as you say.

Yes, most of my whole life is spent on or around my computer, being disabled and almost housebound it is my way of keeping in touch.

I don't always get it right!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X