NOT IMPRESSED WITH MESH

Newuser2173 19:29 28 Jan 10

I ordered a Mesh Matrix 11 5870XT on Nov.18th and I am still waiting to have
a working PC from Mesh. I received the above PC late on Xmas eve after waiting
5 weeks, after unpacking and setting it up I could see there were problems. It was too late to do anything about this, Xmas holidays had started and I was also going away on Boxing Day for over two weeks. On my return I spent a week on and off with Technical support before they would give me a RMA.They suspect a faulty graphics card. I returned the PC in person to Mesh on the 18 Jan. I have phoned the service centre every day, all I am told is that they have up to 21 working days to be on target with a repair. I am not impressed with Mesh, nobody will apologise for this poor state of affairs.Below is the letter that accompanied the PC that explains the problems, a copy of this letter was also sent to Tony Riccardi, Director, but he sees fit not to reply…

Dear Sirs

As authorised by your help desk staff on Saturday morning, I am returning my recently purchased PC for attention to the follow problem.

THE PROBLEM
The thin horizontal lines usually appear after the PC has been in sleep mode but can appear at any time, some times not only on the desktop but within a new window that has been opened.
Refreshing the desktop sometimes makes the lines disappear or they may just move up and down and change size.
The problem happens with the original drivers loaded by Mesh and also updated drivers downloaded from the ATI web site.
An image of how these lines look is on the desktop IMG_3388.
Also, at times, the screen will go blank displaying NO SIGNAL and then DVI. When the display returns there is a message “ATI Radeon display drivers have stopped responding but have now recovered”.
Another indication that all is not as it should be when playing Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2, the graphics card is having difficulty rendering some of the scenes.
This should not be happening with a graphics card of this calibre.

For the record, I wish to point out that I was most dissatisfied with the condition in which I originally received the PC. On starting the it I was informed that there was no operating system to boot from so I needed to install windows from the disc – surely one can expect the system to be already installed. When the PC was up and running I could see only one hard drive instead of the two I had specified – on removing the side of the machine I found the two hard drives had indeed been fitted but the power cable was disconnected from the second hard drive. I reconnected the cable, rebooted and was amazed to find the operating system, installed by Mesh, on the smaller hard drive – the one I had requested as an extra. I expected the system to be installed on the larger of the two drives, as detailed in your specification. This I would like rectified while it’s in your care.

What concerns me is that due to your backlog of orders, this PC was hastily assembled without proper care and this comes as quite a shock to me especially as I paid extra for ‘engineer configuration’. This apparent lack of care is not what I would expect from an “award winning company”. I waited an extra 3 weeks on the normal delivery time due to the shortage of ATI Radeon 5870 graphics cards and since then have had one problem after another. I understand that the short supply of graphics cards is beyond your control but you must realise how frustrated and disappointed I am now to be without the machine again.
End of letter.

100andthirty 21:09 28 Jan 10

Firm, polite and to the point. I'd expect a reputable company to give you a proper reply and make a token gesture by way of recompense for your inconvenience.

BigRik 22:54 28 Jan 10

I'm now feeling the same disappointment as yourself.

I ordered the same system on the 11th of October and I am also still waiting for a working PC from Mesh.

The system was delivered to me in December, but had to be returned, as advised by them, in January due to what they diagnosed on the phone as a faulty graphics card. When I set the system up, there was no signal reaching the monitor.

The courier collected the tower 3 weeks ago on the 7th of January, and I've heard nothing from them as yet.

ame 10:27 29 Jan 10

Any idea who actually manufactured the ATI 5870 graphics card in these pc's? e.g Sapphire, Asus, Palit, etc?

BigRik 15:22 29 Jan 10

I had a HIS card in my machine (click here).

lost luigi 20:37 29 Jan 10

Come on Davey when do I get my PC back....

ame 20:40 29 Jan 10

A very quick web search indicates there can be problems with 5870 cards but not related to one specific manufacturer. So perhaps not a problem caused by MESH themselves, but there seems to be a lack of bench testing bfore dispatch?

Forum Editor 23:39 29 Jan 10

What on earth is the point of using two different usernames - how do you expect anyone to know that Newuser2173 and lost luigi are one and the same person? I know, because I have the means to do so, but it will simply confuse everyone else.

I'm going to change your registered name back to Newuser2173 now, so there'll be no more lost luigi contributions. If you want to change the name in future by all means do so, but wait until this matter is concluded, and the thread ticked as resolved.

2bathred 12:30 31 Jan 10

I note the mention of the ATI 5870, I have a 5770 and have downloaded the new driver from the manufacturer. I was suddenly dropped to a black screen and then a message popped up saying 'graphics driver ceased functioning but has recovered' So far this has only happened once but, your other problems not withstanding, this could be similar to the Vista fiasco of drivers not being ready when your PC was put together. The date on mine was Jan 10th 2010.
Mesh are not that bad (cough,cough). I bought one from them 3 years ago it is still running but takes more of my time to keep it so than the 3 I built myself since.

Newuser2173 20:32 31 Jan 10

I am so sorry for doing such a foolish thing as changing myself from a number to a name half way through an active thread,I hope this is not a sign of things to come as seem to be doing silly things lately like paying a lot of money to MESH for a PC that they have and I dont.....

BigRik 18:05 01 Feb 10

I got the call from Mesh today advising me that my repaired computer should be with me tomorrow.

The chap I spoke to didn't know what the problem was, but said the engineers report should be in the box.

I'll let you know in due course whether it was the card or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…