Norton Upgrade vs OEM vs Retail

Googlewhack 09:55 15 Nov 04

My Norton subscription is due to expire and want to know opinions on the best way forward. Should I subscribe again online? A cost of £17 for Norton anti-virus plus £10 for Norton Personal firewall plus Irish VAT at 21%! I've looked at upgrading the program - currently Norton 2002. This is where I've seen the OEM version retail for about £23 plus p+p. How does this differ to the retail version and how could it affect me.
I've tried looking into the OEM vs retail but have been unable to come up with anything definitive.
Lastly - sorry its such a long post - I am happy with Norton and not looking to change product!

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:36 15 Nov 04

Why not use the free edition of AVG and a free firewall which I'm sure someone who uses one will recommend?

BITS&BOBS 11:57 15 Nov 04

Have always used OEM fine and have had no problems re-activating it after a clean install of windows you dont get a manual but the manaul is not worth the paper it is printed on and its all on the internet and I get mine cheaper than anywhere else:click here

With over 13000+ positive feedback this guy is great I have bought so much from him and so have my friends top man.

chugby 20:35 17 Nov 04

this makes interesting reading click here

Q-Bie 21:12 17 Nov 04

You could always pop into PC World and buy Norton Internet Security 2005 at Half Price, £24.99!

Contained AntiVirus, Firewall, Antispam etc..

q

Mr Mistoffelees 21:49 17 Nov 04

Before you go spending any money or changing to a different anti-virus program you could just uninstall and reinstall your Norton Anti-virus. After reinstalling you will find you have a new full year update subscription. This works on versions up-to 2003. For 2004 onward this loophole, which is widely known and used, may have been closed by Symantec.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…