Norton Products

GibsonSt19 17:39 31 Dec 03

I need to buy the Norton set for someone and wondered where I should look for the best deal? I'd need Internet Security at the least, but if I can find a deal with SystemWorlks included (all 2k4 version) that would be great.

Thanks lots.

rev.bem 17:51 31 Dec 03

Have a look at this

click here

Ihave never used eBay but if this is genuine it's a bargain.

Any other forum members care to comment?

GibsonSt19 17:53 31 Dec 03

But I'm looking for 2004 versions :)

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:09 31 Dec 03

Why buy when there is an excellent firewall, Outpost...click here and a superb AV, AVG at click here? Systemworks flogs on Ebay for £10.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:10 31 Dec 03

ps there is no real difference between 2003 and 2004 systemworks.

G

rev.bem 18:16 31 Dec 03

click here

But as GANDALF <|:-)> says the biggest difference is the price.

mikef. 19:13 31 Dec 03

click here £49.99, £10 off at Amazon

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:12 31 Dec 03

click here £9 here although it is 2003 but who cares.......

G

Andrew P 22:02 31 Dec 03

The ones above on eBay have boxes that look a bit 'iffy'... they are different colours etc. than the proper boxes which can be seen on Amazon click here and Symantec click here websites. I sell and buy a lot of things through eBay and have never had a problem, but it does seem suspicious really, especially as they are so cheap, even in terms of eBay prices, but then you never know, some people are crazy enough to sell at crazy prices!

In 2002 I purchaced Norton Internet Security 2003 and Norton Systemworks Pro 2003. But I'm not going to buy any more Symantec products, because I have since realised that you pay an awful lot for what you can get elsewhere for free, and often the free products do a much better job aswell. If you go to the symantec website and do a security check on your computer whilst running internet security, you are told that there are 3 ports on your computer which are open to hackers, and to close them you should install a certain firewall package... Norton Internet Security! I don't like the false sense of security you are given. And this seems to be common in all versions of the software, if you look at the reviews people have written on Amazon you will see what I mean.

I'd recommend Zone Alarm click here or Outpost (as GANDALF <|:-)> says) for the firewall, not sure about the anti-virus, maybe NORTON Antivirus (oooh big shock there, you weren't expecting me to say that were you?) as it does it's job well, doesn't hog system resources, and has regular updates. But I would only recommend this if you were to buy it on it's own - install anything else by Norton/Symantec and in my opinion you will be very disappointed...

whatchamacallit 00:34 01 Jan 04

I have would try this company, WWW .worthydeal.co.uk I did, Ordered Nortons StstemWorks 2003 Pro Edition on the 28 dec,came on the 30th. Price £13.61

I`AM HAPPY.

Vixenight 22:10 01 Jan 04

I have just bought Systemworks 2003 Pro from Worthydeal The £13.61 is an ex vat price but postage only34p

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…