Norton Internet Security

zzzz999 05:37 14 May 09

I have happily used Norton for several years now, but when I went to renew my annual subscription the price had gone from £33 last year to £45 this year. Pricing themselves out of the market.

Taff™ 07:32 14 May 09

click here Three User License if you really must have Norton. Personally I would use the Avast Free Home Edition.

It is quite common for on-line renewals to be more expensive than buying the latest version of the boxed product. I suppose it saves you the time and expense of driving to PCW!

sunnystaines 07:47 14 May 09

try novatech and get oem version its normally a lot cheaper. pcworld often run promotions on norton selling very cheap too.

bought mine two weeks ago from pcworld it was on offer for £18 then but i have just checked and it's now gone back up but did notice that the 3 user was cheaper than the 1 user ?

birdface 10:42 14 May 09

If you shop around you should get it less than half the price quoted.

birdface 10:51 14 May 09

Not sure if an OEM version is any good to you or not.

click here

zzzz999 20:04 14 May 09

Thanks Guys. So if I buy the latest version for half the price will it remove the existing norton software?

birdface 20:27 14 May 09

Removal tool.click here

citadel 20:51 14 May 09

you can get a norton internet security 2009 oem disc 'you dont get a manual' for £14. when you install it removes previous version auto.

Covergirl 12:29 15 May 09

. . . remove the "3 month trial" AV software and install AVG (after switching it on and letting it set itself up that is).

I usually do the Uninstall first through the control panel, but this time I downloaded the removal tool and ran that first. Magic - everything to do with Norton has gone !

Avast is another free one - some swear by AVG, some by Avast. Pedants will point out why their preferred free AV is better than the other, but they're both essentially the same thing and both work well.

LANDCRUISER 15:22 15 May 09

if you go on norton site & you allready have it installed you will get a discount

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…