Norton Internet Security 2010

freaky 16:35 22 Mar 10

Got 3 PC's using XP (SP3)and with Windows Live OneCare for security. Microsoft have decided to drop this program, and it will expire on my PC's on 22-04-10.

Have seen some good reviews on Norton 2010 and would like to hear from any members who are using it?

birdface 17:14 22 Mar 10

MSE from Microsoft is free.

07patty 17:25 22 Mar 10

yeah Norton 2010 is good - really quick compared to previous versions. Doesn't affect computer tasks at all, unless doing background scanning. If you want to go back to what you were doing before without the background scanning hogging your CPU, you can just right click on the Norton icon in the system tray and select silent mode.
Don't really have anything bad to say about it, recommended from me. Think PCAdvisior have a review of Norton 2010 somewhere..

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:36 22 Mar 10

click here use this and do yourself a favour. It is free and excellent.

G

sunnystaines 18:17 22 Mar 10

goto pca beta forum and read what testers said.

i am using the 360 v4 norton and well pleased with it.

freaky 20:41 22 Mar 10

Many thanks for the replies......I'm inclined to buy Norton Internet Security Performance Pack. It covers 1 user with 3 PC's for 1 year, renewable annually.

It has everything as per Windows Live OneCare except for the backup facility, at the same annual charge.

Used Norton for many years, no complaint apart from the fact it was resource hungry, and difficult to uninstall.

I will leave this topic open for the time being.

ame 21:52 22 Mar 10

Changed from McAfee to Norton I.S. 2010 in January. Seems fine. 2 minor annoyances - you can get really annoying popups at the bottom rh corner of your screen telling you that Norton is "performing background tasks" rather too often - although this has decreased recently on my pc's (an animated system tray icon like McAfee's would be much better - less intrusive); also there is no % complete readout when doing full scans, which McAfee had.

KremmenUK 07:12 23 Mar 10

Norton Internet Security 2010 here and it's fine.

I'm still not convinced about the freebies.

Paul-1379466 20:06 26 Mar 10

MS Essentials has had excellent reviews & often come top of the list regardless of whether pay or free. when my Eset runs out I'm going for MS essentials.

freaky 20:34 26 Mar 10

That is interesting......apart from what Microsoft say, I have not seen any reviews. Can you supply any links?

Woolwell 21:55 26 Mar 10

It's a few month's old now but click here
PC Advisor Security Section has a review on MSE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…