Norton Int Sec 2007

danpep5552 10:00 16 Oct 06

I am just about to purchase but can obtan oem cheaper than retail version. Same site. Micro Direct. What is the difference? Thanks

Jackcoms 10:06 16 Oct 06

Why spend money on any AV and anti-malware product?

There are plenty of free ones available which do just as good a job.

Here's two to start with click here click here

Jimmy14 10:16 16 Oct 06

I will give you a answer to the question you put to everyone other than the same rubbish. OEM is Original Manufacture Equipment like when you are building a PC from scratch or software you get with a new computer. I think the OEM version would work still but under licensing terms you are required to buy the normal version, excellent program by the way.

James

danpep5552 10:17 16 Oct 06

I downloaded the free NTL software and it sent my computer into a spin, so as I am living happily with Norton currently and my anti virus expires today, instead of just renewing I thought I would up grade. I dont want to remove Norton from the system as my passwords are in there somewhere and I suspect it it the conflicts with freebies that will cause the problems

sunny staines 14:01 16 Oct 06

lets know how you get on with norton 2007 thinking of getting it myself.

Jimmy14 14:54 16 Oct 06

refer to my thread I've just posted in Consumerwatch below regarding the PC Advisor magazines review of NIS 2007,
click here

Mike@#36 15:05 16 Oct 06

I used Norton Internet Security for a couple of years. It was cheaper to upgrade than to renew last year for some reason.

However I have now gone for AVG Free. I was a bit concerned for a bit but my fears were unfounded. It works a treat and updates DAT files nearly everyday. For firewall I have Comodo which is just as good as Norton and again free.

I've now let my Norton subscription lapse and have uninstalled it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced