Norton, how to remove it

reych 23:17 22 Sep 07

Hi there. Please help me, I Have recently installed norton 2003 and it slowed down my computer. I wanna get rid of it, but dont know where to start.I tried to install the cc removal, but it wont let me.

keverne 23:20 22 Sep 07
  wiz-king 08:20 23 Sep 07

That is such an old version and not supported any more. Unless you have resurected on old PC running Win 98 then the later version would be better or one of the many free ones that are available.
If you cant get rid of it via 'add & remove programs' try using CCleaner to do it.

grumpygramp 15:22 23 Sep 07

I remember when I removed Norton a couple of years back I had 43 bits left which I had to delete by hand .I believe that now though there is a download available which does clear everything out .

brundle 15:54 23 Sep 07

CCleaner is a great tool but only uses the Windows uninstaller or the one that came with the program, it's no different to Add/Remove Programs in that respect. I always Norton Removal tool, then Agent Ransack to delete LiveUpdate or Symantec folders scattered across the disk. click here

Alan2 19:08 24 Sep 07

When I got rid of the monster - about four years ago - I used the removal tool and still had to go through the registry removing all traces I could find.

malgall 13:34 25 Sep 07

i also used the removal tool a couple of reboots later it was all gone no problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017