norton ghost v acronis v etc

aine 19:53 27 Feb 07

please could all you tech types, give advice on the above. the best, for value, cost and usage for a nerd

Ho-Lin-Sok 21:36 27 Feb 07

I have only used Acronis True Image and I find it excellent. Keep backups on an external drive. I think latest versions allow backups to be burnt to DVD(s)

SURVEY 10:04 28 Feb 07

I use Norton Ghost 9.0 and find it easy to use. My backups are kept on an external drive.

aine 10:41 28 Feb 07

ho-lin-sok, manythanks for your imfo, can you use acronis cd on more than one pc?

Pine Man 11:54 28 Feb 07

I have used all versions of Ghost but now use Acronis True Image, which in my opinion is far better than Ghost.

As far as loading Acronis on more than one PC, I don't think you are supposed to but...........

Ho-Lin-Sok 12:08 28 Feb 07

If you make the recovery CD you do not need to install the programme on other computers. I use it in my laptop without the programme being installed. Either way you need the CD to recover.

aine 18:38 28 Feb 07

thanks to those that replied, 100% in favour of Acronis. I will tick as resolved but comments would be welcome any other co

aine 18:43 28 Feb 07

thanks to those that replied, 100% in favour of Acronis. I will tick as resolved but comments would be welcome

terryf 20:02 28 Feb 07

You can download a try before buy click here of Acronis 10

freaky 20:35 28 Feb 07

Used both but Acronis is much better.

The latest version of Acronis is V10.0 True Image Home, if you buy it then make sure you download the latest update.

Had a HD go down a few months ago, fortunately I realised this would happen so cloned the HD to my External HD. Fitted the replacement HD then cloned from the External to the new HD. The PC back to normal !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…