NORTON Antiviur/Firewall - Renewals

dewskit 10:23 04 May 04

I logged on to the Norton LiveUpdate site this morning and although my Subscription still has 58 days to run according to their screen, I am being asked to renew my Subscription.
Fair enough I suppose, although it does seem a little premature.
Once you start following the prompts however it tells you that Antivirus 2001 is no longer being supported and recommends upgrading.
OK Let's take have a look at their Special Offer Upgrade price - and what do you get? A price in Euros with no indication of whether it is inclusive of VAT. This effectively makes it impossible to search around the discount retailers to see if a cheaper alternative is available.
I then attempted to reach someone to clarify this in their London office, whereupon you are straight into one of those infuriating automated call systems, apparently manned (?personned?) by someone with a strong Irish accent suffering from severe laryngitis.
After ten minutes and getting fed up with the cr*p music (which was much louder than the voice) I gave up.
I have found Norton Anti Virus and Personal Firewall to be excellent products in the past, but after this performance I am seriously considering whether to opt for AVG and Zone Alarm instead.
Anyone else suffered this infuriating run-around

byfordr 10:54 04 May 04

don't bother renewing! Get a new version click here very nice prices, ordered before on friday delivered early saturday. Just order some more Norton stuff on saturday. (It looks like it won't be dispatched for a few days as a knock on from the bank holiday)

Stuartli 10:55 04 May 04

Not now...:-)

AVG and ZA free versions do all that I require.

Stuartli 11:02 04 May 04

I would be somewhat apprehensive about using a company that advertises a CD-ROM drive as "a storage solution"...:-)

Stuartli 11:12 04 May 04

The firm is not back in action until May 10th...

byfordr 11:25 04 May 04

Was a bit suspious myself but the disk turned up the next day, and is fully working and receiving updates from symantec. Looks exactly the same as a copy I had purchased in a shop. I've seen better prices on Ebay but would rather not take the risk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…