Norton anti-virus- activation problems

Dave21 12:53 06 Sep 04

Has anyone experienced a problem with Norton Anti-vrus, which, when you come to activate it after a new installation, states that the maximum number of activations has been reached, and that activation is no longer possible.
I admit to having installed it several times on the same machines when reformatting etc.
I have the same message with their Firewall CD as well.
Maybe it is an antipirating facility whereby you may only activate it 'x' number of times before your CD expires to prevent it being installed on a number of machines.
Do i really have to bin my prized CD's?

anchor 20:03 06 Sep 04

It sounds as is you have Norton AV 2004 which was, (as far as I know), the first version requiring activation.

I suspect you have already stated the answer, and have exceeded the number of possible activations. This limitation did not apply to previous versions.

It might be worth your time to contact Norton, and state that you are not a "pirate", and the installation is on the same machine, which has been reformatted a number of times.

I don`t know anything about their firewall, but it may be the same.

IZZY 13:53 08 Sep 04

Go to this Symantec site

click here

and you'll find the answer to your re-activation problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…