Norton 360 beta is now available to download,

Jimmy14 21:43 22 Nov 06

Symantecs new combined security suite which is due to be released hopefully in February 2007 is now available to download from here (beta),
click here

James

Totally-braindead 23:57 22 Nov 06

For anyone reading this that is new to computers a BETA program is in its final testing phase and if you don't know much about it do not download it, as it is a prerelease it may have problems and this is why companies release programs as a Beta to find out what problems there are so they can sort them before the final release.

This is not a poke at Norton Jimmy14 I say the same thing about any Beta program. If you are not knowledgeable about computers then the best thing to do is avoid any Beta programs and wait for the final release.

The Brigadier 12:43 23 Nov 06

"A system error has occurred. Please try again later or contact Symantec support"

Totally-braindead 14:41 23 Nov 06

It worked fine for me just now. Just be aware its a BETA.

The Brigadier 15:16 23 Nov 06

Cheers, will try it later @ home.

The Brigadier 15:20 23 Nov 06

Just tried it and it worked, Cheers..

Totally-braindead 15:25 23 Nov 06

Remember its a BETA and that means no technical support if things go wrong. I never install BETA programs on my PC I always wait for the full release version but of course the choice is yours.

The Brigadier 15:27 23 Nov 06

No it will go on my test pc to have a look at it, but thanks for the reminder;-)

Totally-braindead 15:39 23 Nov 06

Ah thats different. I only have the one PC so can't afford to screw it up. Hence no BETAs.
If I had a second PC I'd probably be fiddling with Vista on it but so such luck.

The Brigadier 16:52 23 Nov 06

Having a Test pc is very usefull I did have a go with Vista, but may leave it until service pack 1 or even 2 comes out. Either that or i may cross to the other side and use the black magic of Linux if Vista becomes to expensive.

The Brigadier 16:53 23 Nov 06

Will Beta testers get a discount when the full product comes out?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…