Nomatica - anyone had experience with them?

minter 20:10 12 Jan 04

I know it's a French company, as is Pixmania, but has anyone any knowledge of this company.

Especially, has anyone purchased from them in the past and if so what was the experience like.

Bought a digital camera from them about 18 months ago. Price was cheapest anywhere and delivery was not too bad considering it was being sent from somwhere in the EU. All prices at that time were in euro's. Don't know if they still are. I would recommend them though.

Stuartli 14:30 13 Jan 04

I've had one very, very unhappy experience with Nomatica just over a year ago after ordering a Sony digital camcorder for my son (he's out all day whilst I'm in to receive deliveries).

The price, including delivery from the south of France by TNT, was just under £800; the camera duly arrived but was found to be faulty.

Nomatica offered to replace it, but refused point blank via its UK office to pay for a similar courier service to return the faulty one, only for registered post at a cost of about £8.

In the end I paid £53 for DHL to return it and waited for the replacement, which was sent by the French and UK postal service. I'm still waiting - in fact the French mail service's tracking service never did indicate it had even left the country.

As a result I contacted Visa, who refunded the cost of the camera plus the £53 carriage charge. The same day I ordered the same Sony model from letsgodigital.co.uk, based on the south coast, it turned up next day and was in perfect working order.

Price from LetsGoDigital? £649 including delivery.

Enough said?

Stuartli 14:37 13 Jan 04

I still have all the e-mail correspondence (some contact was also done by phone) with Nomatica - it's makes fascinating reading looking back, although it took up hours of valuable time over several weeks...:-)

Wes Tam ;-) 15:05 13 Jan 04

I ordered a Ricoh AC-4 power adapter from Nomatica on 27 December.....I'm still waiting

minter 08:38 15 Jan 04

Thanks - I'll stick to the UK for the time being!

thegame1976 04:09 22 Jan 04

I also had a very bad experience with them. I ordered a camera which they did not deliver, and then when I asked them to recredit my credit card with the price, they did...but at a different exchange rate, meaning that I was losing around £70.

After a long drawn out saga of them refusing to help and ignoring my emails I pursued the matter via Barclaycard, who recredited my card with the correct amount.

I wouldn't use them ever...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…