no status monitor for epson 700 printer

fullyfitted 21:49 13 Nov 03

I have installed a epson stylus 700 printer on to a xp platform and everything apart from the status monitor is working ok. The epson down load library no longer lists the drivers for this printer, (I have contacted epson by e-mail but I'm not holding my breath awating a reply)
The monitor is listed under the utility tab but is "greyed out"

Any one any experience of this problem and how to overcome it or do I just keep a good supply of ink cartridges and hope for the best.

sil_ver 22:10 13 Nov 03

Have you tried ringing their support line (don't laugh) on 08705 133640 as they were very helpful when I had a problem. Do you have the original driver disk? if so try uninstalling and reinstalling the software but disconnect the printer first.

fullyfitted 23:12 13 Nov 03

i will try the help desk, thanks for the number.
the origonal discs are for win 98 and xp will not recognise them ,it said , so I did the down load for the new driver butI wii give it an other go

cheeers and thanks for the help

sil_ver 22:16 14 Nov 03

You might find this driver works with XP click here

fullyfitted 19:49 15 Nov 03

I have tried the link you supplied but the message I get is "software error" "error opening file"

Either the Epson library site is down or I am doing something daft but I will give it a go later
Thanks again

sil_ver 20:28 15 Nov 03

Try this and go to the download page click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…