No sound on WinTV Hauppage....

Since moving PC to a different room, can get no sound at all out of WinTV2000 - perfect picture, not a peep. Apart from move, I have since connected a mic for VOIP. Sound card is Aureon Fun 5.1, speakers Creative 4.1; PC is AMD3000XP, 1Gb DDR333 RAM.... Haven't had a problem before, all physical connections OK, and all other sound outputs functioning normally... Been through available settings ad nauseam (Sound card settings, device properties, volume control, audio options in WinTV, sources in WinTV... not even a hiss. Tried reinstalling WinTV and retuning, disconnecting mic, no joy...

Totally-braindead 00:37 13 May 04

This is probably a stupid suggestion but I had a Win TV GO card and it connected the audio via a little cable to the mike input to give you the sound, you mention you connected a mike, did you disconnect the audio from your TV card by any chance?

Stuartli 09:40 13 May 04

Have you connected the TV card's sound output to your soundcard's Line In socket with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jackplugs lead or, alternatively, stereo minijack adapter to link 3.5mm jackplug to RCA plugs?

Totally-braindead 12:57 13 May 04

Isn't that what I said Stuartli?

Stuartli 14:57 13 May 04

Not quite - part of Leezer's thread stated that he had connected a mike AFTER moving his system to another room.

As you will know, you can get the picture but no sound if the two cards' audio lead link is not made.

Thanks, Stuartli, Totally - the mic I installed was USB, and yes the TV audio out is plugged into the Line In on the Sound card... wouldn't post if I hadn't checked cabling. Any other thoughts?

maybe another stupid question but is the line in box unticked in yor sound properties.

sarge

Stuartli 09:13 14 May 04

Might be worth checking your mixer's configuration by double-clicking the Volume icon in the Task Bar (basically the same as SGT [email protected] suggests. Line In may be muted or the slider too low.

had the same problem with my WIN TV GO,perfect pic and no sound

i uninstalled then installed the software,
it kept happening every month or so,

Stuartli 09:05 15 May 04

By the way, have you installed the correct driver for the TV card's chipset:

click here

and also the correct application download?

click here

(These relate to the 878 chipset - there's also the 881 version).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017