//some 3rd party need geo

No refund from 1 & 1 internet

Looking over IT 16:11 18 Apr 03

I cancelled my 1&1 internet web hosting service on the 4th April by sending a recorded letter to their office. In the letter I also requested a refund for £63 for services for the 6months begininng in April (which was charged at the start of April) I received an email on the 8th stating that all services would be cancelled and no further action was required no mention of the refund. I sent an email to them and asked about the refund and gained no response, not suprising really Im not paying there wages anymore. It is now the 18th of April 14days after my initial letter and no refund is in my bank. Unfortunately at the time I gave them a debit card so can not go down the cc route. Anyone with any suggestions??

Just in case 1&1 are reading this, whilst not replying to my email or giving me the refund I asked for, my customer number is 3960512

MichelleC 14:04 19 Apr 03

I'm not too sure what u'r saying. Did u pay £63 for services in advance and is that what u want a refund for?

troydi 22:02 19 Apr 03

Why exactly do you want a refund from them? Would be interesting to find out why, and also helpful for everyone else to learn about the problems before perhaps making a decision to use this company.

soy 02:17 20 Apr 03

When you sign up with 1&1, you pay the first years fee up front. 1&1 say that if you decide to cancel, they will refund the unused months that you paid for.

I think the £63 is for the months that were unused.

Looking over IT 20:00 22 Apr 03

well I used them for the year and decided to cancel as I didnt feel like carrying on with the web site after the year. They charged me the £63 for the next 6months as per the contract. I phoned and said I wanted to cancel, but I had to write a letter so I did. I have received an email with an invoice stating a refund would be given but it is yet to show in my bank. The invoice is dated the 14th! Its now the 22nd, even with the bank holiday a refund to a card only takes 4days (at most) it should have been in today!

Rayuk 20:59 22 Apr 03

Usual terms I have seen for various companies is that you allow them up to 30 days to repay any moneies due.Is it not in their Terms and Conditions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…