no more unlimited on aol

picklsey 17:13 29 Dec 06

from 1st feb. there changing the rules goinging to limit downloads and throtle back speeds during busy times.as i have just singned onto there platinum service 3wks ago and there was no mention of this i have emailed them telling them to releese me from my contract that i signed up for or to give me lower bills to cover the lower service.i don,t expect any of it to happen.i knew talk talk had bought them out but they said at the time they would be leaving aol as is,they obviosly only meant how much they take each month.

that,s it rant over

p;3 17:19 29 Dec 06

why does that news not surprise me::))

and as to a reply from aol? by which Christmas would you prefer it?

Kate B 17:19 29 Dec 06

Shouldn't this be in consumerwatch?

anskyber 17:21 29 Dec 06

It was inevitable given the costs from BT wholesale. At least its a more honest approach than the so called "unlimited" BB offers which are not unlimited at all given the "fair usage" policies.

Jak_1 17:24 29 Dec 06

The chance of aol, I won't use the term I normaly use for them as this is a family site, releasing you from contract are less than zero. Other isp's have changed their toc's also, however with Orange, it is an improvement. Instead of a 30 GB limit that wanadoo tried to put on my unlimited contract, Orange let me go well over that so long as I keep downloads to a minimum between 6pm and 11pm. Most of my heavy dl's is done during the quiet times over night, I'm quite happy with that arrangement.
I have never liked aol and will not use them, many people do however and like their services. It all depends what you want from an isp and what you pay.

picklsey 17:27 29 Dec 06

anskyber to be honest i don,t have a problem with limiting my downloads wife uses her pc for online games, myself mostly surfing and i do like going to the funny video sites.i just don,t like being conned before i signen up i was told things would stay the same,

picklsey 17:30 29 Dec 06

Jak_1 i don,t expect aol to release me for 1 sec.so i have 11months to go then so does aol.lol

anskyber 17:31 29 Dec 06

If you were told they would stay the same I can certainly understand your ire. I hope all ISPs will go down this route to get away from the fictitious "unlimited" label. OFCOM I think are on the case.

picklsey 17:38 29 Dec 06

i have been with aol for years when i was emailed to be told that i could get upto 8meg.i phoned them and asked if carphone warehouse had any plans to change things i was told things would stay the same.never mind i have 11 months to go and so do they if they were honest with me at the time i would probably stay.it won,t be a case of in 11mths time i,ll let it go i have a long memory where i have been lied to.

picklsey 18:00 29 Dec 06

i have been with aol for years when i was emailed to be told that i could get upto 8meg.i phoned them and asked if carphone warehouse had any plans to change things i was told things would stay the same.never mind i have 11 months to go and so do they if they were honest with me at the time i would probably stay.it won,t be a case of in 11mths time i,ll let it go i have a long memory where i have been lied to.

wolfie3000 00:01 30 Dec 06

:( i aint happy,
I use aol and as an online gamer can you imagine the amount of GB i go through in a week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…