//some 3rd party need geo

NO MORE INTERNET

reg2 01:36 12 Feb 04

No MORE INTERNET FOR ME as I do not know how to go wireless...do i need to use a mobile phone with laptop?? is this high
speed ???

I do not know if this is the right place for this question, either in its subject matter or its very simple nature. However, i have been a good number of resources but am very confused as I cannot find the way to a solution. Hope some of you may be able to help me.
I need to access the Internet from a mobile device. I am considering a laptop or a handheld PC, especially the NEC MobilePro 900. Moderately to high speed would be very good. I have never owned or operated either a laptop or a handheld pc, but due to work, must learn and learn quick.I am from Australia if that makes a difference.

Also, how long does it take to boot up and shut down a laptop?? and how long is the battery life if it is on stand-by mode ??

Please help or guide me to some help, as I basically wandering.

Thank you. Reg.

You can have the equivalent of a mobile phone in a laptop. Slightly quicker than 56k dial up. Expensive in terms of usage. Use a normal phone line wherever available.

For Broadband, I think it's Bluetooth, but I may be corrected here. You would have to be in a hot-spot for this.

Don't worry about being from Australia, laptops don't know what country they are in.

Boot up and shut down - same as a desktop.

Battery life, should see you through a working day. In-car chargers are available.

When travelling with a laptop, don't carry it with the laptop case on view. Put it in a rucksack or something. And don't leave it on view in a car.

Forum Editor 16:39 12 Feb 04

both at home and abroad, and I uase a laptop and a mobile phone combination, so I can connect to the internet wherever I am. When I'm in an office that has a wireless network I can connect via the laptop's PCMCIA wireless networking adapter. It all works perfectly - a laptop is no different to a PC, apart from its small size. I get around 3 hours work out of the battery, but to be honest I'm usually within reach of a mains point long before the battery gives up, so it's not a problem.

Don't go for a handheld device unless your need for internet access is only for short periods; for serious web use you'll prefer a laptop. I have a client in Sydney who travels to the UK all the time. He uses the same setup as me, and runs his business from the laptop when he's travelling. In over two years he's never had a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…