No Idea - router, wireless, ethernet cable etc.

manocake 02:41 11 Dec 14

Hi, We use a couple of laptops, couple of phones, an ipad and are just about to purchase a smart TV. We currently have 100mb Virgin broadband and the Virgin superhub which comes into the front of the house but the wireless does not reach into the back/extension very well. We are about to do some work on the house so now would be an ideal time to hide a cable. What I want to know is... is it possible to connect a pre-terminated (shielded) cable to an Ethernet port in the back of the superhub and run it to a room at the back and then connect a new device that would allow me to connect a smart TV with a cable and also have a new wireless point that would cover the back of the house and patio? If so what would the device be called? Can anyone recommend a brand/model? The cable will need to be appx. 15m long, does the signal deteriorate noticeably over this distance? and if so are there some brands that use better conductors & shielding than others? Thanks for your help Steve

spuds 10:56 11 Dec 14

It is possible to do what you suggest, but I would also suggest that you look out for a virgin communication engineer who might be working in your area. I have used this route previously and found them most helpful.

I have cables sixty/eighty feet long, without any noticeable problems.

You might also find some helpful information from this website click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…