no after sales service

andrea ritchie 21:39 16 Feb 04

I bought a new Aio computer for the sleek design advertised in pcadvisor. It took almost 2 months to arrive from N21 online. Shortly after the humming noise from the power supply stopped and the computer would not boot up. The company suggested I sent back the power supply but it is now 2 months later and they are not reply9ng to my emails. What do I do to get a £900 computer working again?

Hi Andrea,

This does not bode well, and it would seem that the company may well be in trouble. However, best not jump to that conclusion just yet.

Have you tried telephoning them? If you do, make sure you take down details of who you spoke to and the time together with brief details of the conversation.

If this fails to get a response then you will just have to take it on the chin and fix the PC yourself. You say that the power supply has stopped working? I take it you have tried the obvious such as the fuse etc? If this does not help then a new PSU will set you back £20-30 for a half decent one and they are quite easy to fit.

spuds 22:21 16 Feb 04

You do not actually state,when the computer was purchased.Is it two months old, or longer.You also state that they are not replying to your emails, have you tried phoning them.There are a number of solutions to this problem, but in all fairness, I would suggest that you contact your local trading standards for further advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…