NISIS - G6 Graphics Tablet. Opinions?

Alan2 14:28 19 Oct 04

I am considering the purchase of the above as quoted prices seem exceptionally low compared to WACOM equivalents but this makes me wary.

Also, I know nothing about NISIS adding to my caution.

I would therefore be very grateful for members’ views on experiences with NISIS products and on the company itself.

Thanks.

Alan.

€dstowe 18:47 19 Oct 04

The comparative costs vs Wacom corresponds to a similar loss of product quality.

There is nothing wrong with the product per se but, if you want all the attributes of the Wacom, you won't find them in the NISIS. As one example, no batteries are required in the Wacom - not in the stylus or mouse.

The adage - you get what you pay for - is very true here.

Alan2 19:29 19 Oct 04

Thanks Ed, I appreciate your comments - knowing your involvement in the professional graphics and printing business - and take your point about the relative quality.

I note that the NISIS mouse and pen are cordless (wireless) and can't draw power from external sources whereas I guess the WACOM ones aren't.

I looked at WACOM a few months ago and now find that their prices look even higher. I am minded to go the NISIS way but I'm still awaiting confirmation that TurboCAD, which I use a lot, can utilise a tablet.

conrail 19:54 19 Oct 04

I have just purchased the NISIS G3 tablet, mouse and pen, comes with art dabbler software which lets you draw pictures, also works in word using the pen to write

Alan2 20:54 19 Oct 04

What can you say about the quality of the hardware, software and instructions? (manual?)

Easy setup? Intuitive?

Alan.

€dstowe 21:43 19 Oct 04

The Wacom stylus (pen) and mouse are both cordless - they work on an inductive system. Have a look at the Wacom website for an explanation of how it does it - very clever click here

Alan2 21:54 19 Oct 04

Aye - dead clever indeed. You've got to pay for it though.

Alan2 15:23 23 Oct 04

Bumped for any other advice or views on NISIS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…