The new Nintendo Wii is out on Dec 6th.

Does anyone fancy it?

Are you getting one?

What do you think about it ?

Why do I ask so many questions?

DG.

wolfie3000 15:49 27 Oct 06

click here

The controller looks like a bar of soap.

do-gull 15:57 27 Oct 06

That does not look like the controller i've seen,
It is a one handed controller for the left hand and a seperate one for the right hand.is the one you posted an add-on one?

DG

rodriguez 16:01 27 Oct 06

I think it might be a bit hard to control at 1st - it'll probably be one of those things you'll need to get used to over time. Don't know what games will on it, but there should be some good ones.

That controller in you link is an extra for folks who dont like the new one that controls actions by movement and has an attachment called a *nunchuk* click here

Considering the ridiculous prices of the new X-Box and PS3 i think this new Nintendo console should do well. I will be getting one just to play the new Zelda game.

IMHO Nintendo have always produced the best games.

Forum Editor 00:37 28 Oct 06

and I'm moving it over there now.

Mark McC 01:31 28 Oct 06

i dont really like the wii i think i wait till the PS3 comes out ;) i dont think the wii is HD

Central Processing Unit (CPU)
IBM BroadwayGraphics Processing Unit

(GPU)ATI Hollywood
Supported ResolutionUp to 480p

System Memory
Unknown

Internet Connectivity
WiFi 802.11 b/g

i also think the PS3 looks a lot better than the wii click here ok the ps3 controller looks like something out of a si - fi film but the ps3 interface looks quite good as well click here

click here the differences between the wii and ps3 :D

PS3 Spec looks better as well

CPU
Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU
RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound
Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)
Memory
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth
Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

Storage
Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O
USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller
Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output
Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media
CD: PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

but thats just my comment....

Mark

Mark McC 01:33 28 Oct 06

i forgot to add the pic of the ps3 click here

Mark

graphixDESIGN* 03:33 28 Oct 06

i dont know what they have got lined up for the Nintendo Wii but if it's predecessor the gamecube is anything to go by the games line up is something to question.
the gamecube certainly did a exelent job for platform games but it lacked the more common genre of games that sell so well.
games like GTA, and First person shooters like killzone games of epic proportion and i think they could have done with those games in the line up to attract a larger audience.

lisa02 10:25 28 Oct 06

I thought the gamecube was aimed at young kids and did quite well in that respect.

The wii is targetted slightly off mainstream again. With a huge catalogue of old games available online, downloadable through the console and this new innnovative controller I think they are targeting a different market altogether, retro meets new technology, people that have abandoned gaming - hoping to bring them back with some new gadgets, and people that want something different.

I won't knock them yet.

The DS has beaten the PSP hands down with it's dual screens, lower power and less media features that if I remember, rightly, again was heavily criticised early on. They (nintendo) brought new innovation, something different, a whole new interface and it has worked for them.

It's xbox360 v ps3 really with the wii on it's own refusing to fight.

do-gull 16:12 28 Oct 06

I think the Wii is going to be able play all gamecube .ds,Nintendo 64 and gameboy games as well. quite handy to have one console to do all that

DG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac