Nildram will not release MAN Number

Fried~Chips 23:04 23 Sep 08

I am aksing for advice on behalf of some good friends.

in May this year they requested Mac No. from Nildram as the contract period had ended, they were not sent the mac number at all. They called Nildram customer services and they were unable to find any records of them or the broadband. Very strange eh.

I went round and requested Mac No speaking on their behalf after waiting 3 weeks for it. There customer service person said their was a problem with BT Mac No generations and you will have to wait a week or two until we can generate a Mac No. Ok waited just over a week and a Mac number arrived by email.

Next Thing, they cut the phone off which was part of the Broadband package from Nildram. My friend went to Sky and went through the process for migrating to them for Nildram, Phone came on under sky but sky called saying the Mac number was not correct.

So called again month ago (due to friends working away). Requested Mac number after explaining Mac number given in june 08 was invalid even though it was just under 2 weeks old. Nildram said they will generate a new one.

Been over the 5 days like a month+ now and no mac number started to call them after 1 week a month ago and was unable to get a person just the usual waiting and waiting to get a person on the line.

Searching google looks like Nildram are not being fair, they are not meeting Ofcoms conditions of supplying mac number within the 5 working days and customer service is zilch.

Their must be other people in this forum with similar problems. My main reason to to give Nildram some exposure and see if any other forum members have succeeded in obtaining a Mac Number from Nidram in the last few weeks. If you have, whats the catch to get the Mac Number please.

All I can advise my customer is Ofcom and obtaining the relevent forms for a dispute.

Thanks for anyone listening, I feel really bad as it was me arround 2 - 3 years ago who recomended Nildram to my friends, luckily I have changed to O2 and their TOP !!! (even orange have improved listing to other friends)

version8 10:20 24 Sep 08

If you have problems attaining a MAX you should contact OFCOM.
As failure by a company to give you one breaks the law.
Contact Ofcom with all the details & ask them to take it up on your behalf.

version8 10:21 24 Sep 08

If you have problems attaining a MAC you should contact OFCOM.
As failure by a company to give you one breaks the law.
Contact Ofcom with all the details & ask them to take it up on your behalf with the company.

Fried~Chips 12:14 24 Sep 08

and they have requested Mac No. from Nildram. My friends are hopefully going to get the Mac No within 5 working days. Fingers Crossed the Mac No also works.
Thanks version8 for your call.

Fried~Chips 21:54 24 Sep 08

just realised how I titled my heading, sorry Mac not MAN.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5