Nikon Coolpix 5700

Fordy 14:22 12 Nov 03

This has good reviews and is on sale for £715.58 from Savastore.com.
Nikon are offering £100 cash back - is there something I should know?

Stuartli 15:17 12 Nov 03

Nikon is a top class brand, in fact it's the choice of most professionals.

If you do a search on google or go to click here, click here, click here or similar, you will be able to do a price comparison with a range of outlets.

Don't forget to include if p and p is added or inclusive and what guarantee/warranty is provided.

But avoid the foreign retailers such as Nomatica - not only are they often more expensive but, if anything goes wrong, you've got problems as I found out to my cost.

Fordy 19:44 12 Nov 03

I just wondered if it was end of line or something worse

Stuartli 09:20 13 Nov 03

The Nikon Coolpix 5700 is only $725 in the States...:-(

It's obviously a model that's well regarded judging by the following:

"Digital Camera of the Year - MacUser Awards 2002 The new eight times zoom, five megapixel Coolpix 5700 was announced on May 29th, 2002 as part of a trio of new Coolpix digital cameras"

However, the cashback offer on the Nikon website indicates that its production lifespan is almost certainly coming to an end, if it hasn't happened already.

But it will still be an outstanding camera for quality general purpose use although, with the advent of 18 months' digital camera developments, it may be worth looking at more recent models for the same sort of money.

Apart from Nikon, Fuji produces some first class cameras of this type, which more represent those used by keen photographers i.e. SLR.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…