Nigerian Scam Exposed on TV

-pops- 08:38 18 Jun 03

For information:

The Money Program on BBC 2 tonight 1930 - 2000 is supposed to go into some detail about the 419 infinite riches scam which many of us have been exposed to.

pj123 10:09 18 Jun 03

Thanks, will certainly watch it, as I got caught up in that one years ago. Also in my Local paper this morning is an article on the British Airway/Microsoft "free flight" giveaway. I got an email about it myself yesterday. "just send this email to 10 other people etc...." It went straight in the bin.

Patroclus 17:25 18 Jun 03

I read somewhere the other day about a guy who lost $750,000 to the 419 scam. Ouch!!!

pj123 17:55 18 Jun 03

Yes, I stopped it when they asked for my Bank Account Details. If they were going to give me some money they could have sent a cheque. This is almost the same as the scam that says you have won x amount, but to claim it send £20 and we will send your money. If that is the case why can't they just send the money minus the £20???

-pops- 18:35 18 Jun 03

The accounts director at a company I worked at was caught the whole way with this but before it was propagated by email. In those days it was started by a fax message.

To cut a long story short, the guy is out of jail now.

On in less than an hour so I'll close this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…