NIC's is it just me or do cheap ones die quickly??

two00lbwaster 20:31 22 Apr 03

ive gone through 3 nic's(ethernet cards) in the last 3 months on 2 different machines. ive got to say that these are the only componants that have died on me so far.

i can't blame a single chipset because although 2 were realtek chips the other nic(which lasted much longer infact) was made by smc.

and all three were from different compaines and different pcb layouts

although i used to overclock the fsb of my processors to get some more power out of my computers i have long scince abolished the practice on motherboards that also raise the pci/agp frequencies

so im at a loss to explain

two00lbwaster 21:18 22 Apr 03

i'll just add the cost of these were about £5 each not much more than that price anyway.

i have just bought a 5 bulk pack of allied telsyn(realtek chipset) from pcworld a a cost of £29.99 so i'll be intrested to see what comes of these the way ive been going through them i'll be reterning them back to pcworld all dead withing the year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…