New Wanadoo Contract

jarani 12:03 29 Apr 06

I have been with Freeserve for many years since it first started and moved to their broadband when that first became available - so far it has been a very satisfactory service

In response to the talk/talk offer they have just introduced a very long and convoluted new contract which takes some reading, the gist of which seems to be that to leave them you have to return their equipment or pay penalty etc

Has anyone studied the implications of the new contract which you are deemed to have accepted by default if you continue using your current service ? I just smell the rat ! - jarani

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:53 29 Apr 06

I believe you have to sign up for 18 months. It is perfectly reasonable to expect you to pay for the items received if you cancel early as the service is free. Moral is if you don't want an 18 month contract, don't sign. Personally I would wait until the TalkTalk service has been running for 6 months,as I am deeply suspicious of it's ability to deliver.

G

jarani 12:59 29 Apr 06

G - i am asking about the Wanadoo new contract, not the t/t contract - thanks for your response - jarani

spuds 13:16 29 Apr 06

Your contract with Freeserve, which may have included 'free' equipment and connection will remain the same, excluding minor amendments like fee changes for improved services,like upgrading as agreed. Freeserve cannot now ask you to pay for equipment, which they had previously given to you for free, unless their previous agreement made it clear, that it was a 'loan' item.

Are Freeserve (Wanadoo)terminating your contract, and asking you to sign a new contract and agreement!.

Edbanger 18:44 29 Apr 06

I have been given a Wanadoo free upgrade from 1mb to 2mb, and a livebox (I'm still on 1mb after nearly 4 weeks). They also sent a 12 months agreement that has to be signed, saying that the livebox is their property and will have to be returned should I leave.

As I am out of contract, I was told that I can leave anytime I want to, but this agreement appears to be asking you to commit yourself for a further 12 months.

jarani 19:23 29 Apr 06

spuds - no, the the new contract comes into force automatically - it is the intent of the new contract that bothers me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…