new system, same ols win 98..

choffe 13:54 14 Sep 03

ok, so i built my own system, (with a little help from pcadvisor) bought my parts from simply computer. it is here that i warn everybody about simply computers. THEY AINT GOT A CLUE!!
after messing me around and hacking me off they stuffed up my order and owe me mony, which they sent to somebody else, nice for them....anyhow, i got my system built after having to buy a basic tower case and it ran fine, specs, p4 ht, 875neo motherboard, dd-rw 120 gig 72000rpm hdd radeon 9600pro, but no os.....
so i installed my old win 98 se and feel like i wasted a whole lot of cash..(but my system crashes faster than ever before!!)lol oh well, remember not to forget the little things guys.. an keep smiling. and does anybody run linux with ht? wb, im interested in moving from windows..

Jester2K II 14:00 14 Sep 03

AH yes. Another thread where "I've had a bad experience so everyone out of the thousands of people that buy fro them everyday will too"

What us to help you sort out the Win98SE problems? Post it in the Helproom.

Linux with HT - try the Helproom too, but loose the stupid rant.

choffe 14:09 14 Sep 03

sorry if i do go on a bit, but understand, they ripped me off and are still trying to cover their base, i don't mean to suggest that evrybody will come a cropper, but just meant to let people know, that no matter how glossy things are made to be, keep records as proof..

bremner 14:51 14 Sep 03

The problem with your post is that you make a number of allegations about the service you have received but provide no detail to enable us to make a reasoned judgement.

Just stating Simply "they aint got a clue" just ain't good enough

choffe 15:08 14 Sep 03

see what you mean, im just tired of explaining it over and over... sorry guys.
what happened was they sent half the order and insisted that they had sent it all, after days of trying to contact them and being put on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time and then hung up on, i managed to get through to somebody who said they would do an audit to see if the stock was still present. but nobody would tell me if it was present or not.
i tried ringing back a few days later and the customer service team could only tell me that one of the items were no longer in stock and would re-fund the mony which they did, to somebody elses account and could not trace it. finally the rest of the order arrived with no invoice, receipt or apology. all i got was a lousy glossy mouse mat which mu mouse wont work on. bit long winded i know, but it's still on going and i still havent recieved a receip.

Djohn 18:23 14 Sep 03

Sorry to hear of your problems and cannot advise on these, but 98se is a very stable O/S when set-up correctly. Do as jester as suggested and open a thread in the helproom for any system problems, Others will help to get you up and running smooth as silk. Good luck. j.

wee eddie 22:29 14 Sep 03

Did you sign for the goods, or write "Unexamined" on the delivery note.

How long after delivery did you ring them to tell them that the delivery was short.

It would not do any harm to give us a factual report on the problem, with interesting items like dates, items, correspondence and any other details that go to making a coherent argument.

ps If memory serves me aright W'98 will not be happy with a 120Gb HDD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…