New System (Minus Monitor) Advice

Anthill Mob 14:12 05 Apr 06

Time to change my old Gateway P4 450MHz system bought in 1999. So .....

Hoping to buy a new system, minus monitor, as recently bought a 19" Acer TFT monitor.

Novatech is winning at the moment due to their interest free credit for 12 months offer on purchases over £400. Would like advice as to where else may give comparable deals.

Don't do games etc and use for mainly home and office requirements so any minimum spec advice would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Diodorus Siculus 14:17 05 Apr 06

I can only suggest Novatech - I've always had good support from them.

Get an Athlon 64 at about 4000+ with 1GB RAM and you should be ok...

rmcqua 16:53 05 Apr 06

I would definitely go for the Novatech one with specs. similar to that Diodorus Siculus has suggested. Exact model depends on your top budget limit.

thms 17:15 05 Apr 06

Totally agree with above posts. I recently purchased a dual core bare bones from Novatech and it works a treat.

The thermal take case is superb. When you switch it on you hardly get a whisper out of it.
Remember you only get Motherboard fitted nothing else. You will need hdd,cd drive,floppy, graphics card etc as they are not supplied.

By the way you could fit another computer inside this case loads of space.

ade.h 17:38 05 Apr 06

Dabs also offers 1 year's interest free credit on (I think) £400 plus. Might be the ex-vat figure, but would probably still be low enough to apply to a typical base unit. Novatech's choice of base units is better though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…