New Printer Required

hefs 09:09 12 Sep 07

I currently have a Dell Inkjet printer which came as part of the deal when I bought the PC. Trouble I am having is that the ink catridges are around £15 for this printer (almost as much as the printer itself)and don't seem to last very long. So I am looking to get a new prinetr and was hoping that someone could advise which are the best/vfm? I don't use the printer at a high level, but print out a few documents and photo's now and then, but am maybe thinking of getting an all in one with scanner but wouldn't need fax. Also I don't want to pay over the top for the cartridges.
Can anyone advise please?

techie4me 09:12 12 Sep 07

HP.
Normally expensive to buy but cartridges are then cheaper.

Clapton is God 09:42 12 Sep 07

Or stick with the current printer and buy compatible cartridges from click here

Much cheaper!

P1d 09:48 12 Sep 07

I would suggest a printer with at least 4 cartridges that way when cyan runs out you only have to replace the cyan cartridge. With printers with just the one colour cartridge you have to replace the whole cartridge if just one of the colours runs out.

Personally I use Epson, the model I use is quite old now (R200) but it uses 6 cartridges and will accept compatible cartridges which works out much cheaper, as an example you can buy a full set of cartridges for £10 or less if you shop around.

I hope this helps.

P1d

hefs 13:51 12 Sep 07

Thanks for the replies. I've just seen that Argos have a HP Photosmart C3180 at half price at the moment, is this a decent printer?

Clapton is God 14:23 12 Sep 07

For what it's worth I recently bought this one. click here Excellent value, excellent printer and it's a PCA Best Buy. click here

TopCat® 16:12 12 Sep 07

Just recently got one for the daughter and am about to get one myself. She is delighted with it, so having let her test it out, I'm convinced. ;o) TC.

C3 16:30 12 Sep 07

Not knowing which Dell printer you have, but I know on some of them, they are based on a Lexmark model.

We used to have a Dell printer and using an online guide, we snapped off a bit of plastic where the cartidge sits, meaning we could fit the lexmark cartridges. These were alot cheaper than the equivalent Dell ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced